Thursday, June 25, 2009

Rain again..........



Wednesday, as soon as I got up and looked out it, was raining again, this time I called Rob and asked if we were going to be working, no need to spend all that time driving and also, spending on the gas and it was his decision to not work. The reason for all of this is due to the economic condition's we are in now, in past years we would have been working.

Thursday, Guillerme and I are off to get some fungicide, at the John Deere/LESCO distributor in Marlborough. We will be applying this to a lawn latter in the day. But we start off in Southborough at Rob's house as he wanted us to spray round up on his crushed stone driveway, there is always weeds in it. The picture on the left is of Rob's pool that I did all of the brick masonry a few years ago.

We, then went to quite a few properties, to spray for different bugs, that were attacking bushes, roses and trees. The customers had noticed these and requested that they be erradicated. The place we went to around noon time to put down the fungicide on the red thread fungus, in the yard is pictured on the right. It is a tough lawn to work on as it has a very high water table and is always having some kind of problem wth the lawn. Grass just does not like growing, in those conditions and as I have been mentioning in the post's it has been raining more than usual here. the weatherman put a chart up showing that we have had 22 days of below temperatures and the last 16 have had some sort of persipitation. Very unusuall weather for this neck of the woods.

3 comments:

  1. looks like it's a big property to maintain. the lawn looks vast. but i'm sure you're used to it. hope the rain doesn't give you colds though. take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the house looks like almost a palatial mansion to me, and the lawn so huge, it looks pretty, but probably would be too lazy to live in it. nice landscape job again though, like what rochelle said, hope you don't get cold from all the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bricks around the pool, I hope to have an inground one someday. I was tagged by Sandi, and I have in turn tagged you. I would love for you to participate, you can check it out at my homeschool blog.

    ReplyDelete